DeFreest-Church house, Town of East Greenbush, Rensselaer County, NY. HABS documentation of the structure, curation and distribution of selected building components to public collections, and public tours before its destruction were stipulated as mitigation for the destruction of this dwelling, owned by a prominent family and constructed c.1835.
Slocum-Sage house, Town of Unadilla, Otsego County, NY. A late-18th-century center-chimney house of a type commonly found in New England, constructed in the southern tier of New York State by immigrants from Connecticut. HABS documentation was part of a memorandum of agreement with the New York State Office of Parks, which stipulated the recording of the building to HABS standards before its removal.
Besicorp site, Rensselaer, Rensselaer County, NY. An industrial site with buildings dating from c.1880 to c.1980. The site of the Besicorp campus is being cleared for redevelopment; HABS recording of three of the buildings on the site which were determined to be eligible for listing on the National Register was required by the NYS Office of Parks.
Bryant’s Bridge, Town of Saratoga, Saratoga County, NY. A late-19th-century cast and wrought iron bridge. Bryant’s bridge had reached the end of its service life; HAER documentation of this National Register eligible structure was a stipulation of its removal.
Kerhonkson Bridge over the Rondout, Wawarsing, Ulster County, NY. An early-20th-century modified Parker-type camelback Pratt truss bridge. The replacement of this bridge with a wider structure capable of supporting greater live loads was the impetus behind its documentation to HAER standards.
Newark Airport Traffic Control Tower, Newark, Essex County, NJ. A mid-20th-century International Style control tower. Due to changes in air traffic control requirements this structure needed to be removed; modified HABS documentation of the building was stipulated before its removal was permitted.